BBC News – No-deal Brexit: What is the UK government doing to prepare?
The government says it has scaled up preparations for a no-deal Brexit since Prime Minister Boris Johnson took office in July.
In August, the chancellor announced he would set aside an extra £2.1bn to prepare for leaving the EU without a deal.
This was on top of the £4.2bn which Theresa May’s government said it would spend on preparations.
The extra £2.1bn will fund measures including:
- 500 extra border force officers
- Infrastructure around ports
- Managing traffic disruption in Kent
- Freight capacity, warehousing and stockpiling of medicines
- Public communications to help people and businesses